Web Host Topics
Web-based data access is quickly becoming a viable and
profitable business solution for many collection agencies.
Collect!'s Web Host provides an ideal gateway for accessing
your data over the Internet. With each new release of Collect!,
Web Host changes considerably with better concepts, better
security, faster response and showcasing many new samples
of what it can do for you.
- Web Host Introduction
- Acquaints you with the features and functions of Collect!'s
- Web Host Quick Setup
- It's easy to start using the Web Host. Just follow a few
simple guidelines in this document.
- Web Host Setup And Testing
- Describes how Collect! can be set up in your office to work
as a simple web server while you maintain control over your data.
Many topics are covered in this document, including setting up
operators, testing security, Collect!'s HTML folder, server/ client
arrangements, MIME type support and others.
- Web Host Processes - Report And Import
- Explains the two processes Web Host uses to display
information to users and submit information to the database.
Collect! In Web Host Mode
- Web Host
- Acquaints you with the Web Host interface used by Collect!
- HTTP Request Log
- Explains the HTTP Request Log form used for logging
user requests from the browser and Web Host responses to
- Web Host License
- This document explains how Collect!'s licensing scheme
works with Web Host.
Using Web Host
- Working With Web Host Samples
- Link to Collect!'s fully functional sample Web Host online
and try out the Web Host.
- Working An Account Via Web Host
- Lists three ways to work accounts in Web Host
with tips for using the available operations.
- Web Host Attachments
- Viewing attachments in the Web Host, including attached
files, images and videos.
- Running Contact Plans With Web Host
- Collect!'s Web Host enables the Web operator to
schedule contacts and contact plans to be processed
through Collect! using batch processing.
Web Host Operations
- How To Add A User To Web Host
- This walk-through will show you how to set up a new user,
a client or a legal operator, so that they may access the Web Host
through the browser.
- Adding A User Level To Web Host
- This walk-through will show you how to add a new
User Level to the Web Host.
Modifying Web Host
- Modifying The Web Host
- Acquaints you with the customizing Web Host and contains
links to detailed examples.
- Editing A Debtor In Web Host
- Control who is able to make changes to a debtor's
- Editing Web Host Content
- Basic tips that apply to all modifications.
- Scheduling Letters With Web Host
- By default, four letters are set up to be scheduled
from the Web Host. If you want to change this, or add
additional letters, steps are given.
- How To Print Letters Directly From Web Host
- Your Web Operators can print letters via
Web Host, just as if they were in your office. You
control the selection of letters available for printing.
- How To Set Up Printing Letters Via Web Host
- If you are currently using a version of Web Host that does
not have Print Letters Via Web Host already included, you
can add this handy feature with a few simple steps outlined
in this topic.
- Modifying Web Host Message HTML Pages
- You can modify the messages displayed to the end user
for 400 and 500 series web host errors. Create your own
custom page to override the defaults shipped with Web Host.
One very useful application of this would be to redirect your
users to another site or page.
Web Host Security
- SSL Keys And Certs
- If you are using a third party security tool for secure Internet
access, you can create your keys and certificate requests right in
- Windows XP Firewall
- Set up Windows XP to allow Web Host to operate
as a server on your computer.
- Trusted Hosts
- Limit access to the Web Host to only the IP addresses listed
in the Trusted Hosts form. This feature may be combined with the /W3
switch to bypass system password authentication. This is useful for
real time updates to the system when using Web Predictive Dialer.
Using Web Host With Devices
- Wireless Application Protocol
- Collect! Web Host may be accessed using WAP (Wireless
Application Protocol) in those locales where WAP is still in use.
This document gives you details.
- Personal Digital Assistant
- Web Host supports PDA devices. Search for Name,
Phone and File Number and load your WIP list using a
- Web Predictive Dialer
- This special Web Host mode enables you to listen for HTTP
requests sent to your Predictive Dialer..
- Web Host Auto Dial
- Set up a Web Dialer Operator and use your browser
to wait for calls from a Predictive Dialer.
- How To Move Web Host HTML Files
- This document gives you the steps to copy or move an existing
HTML folder into another database.
- Upgrade Web Host
- This document gives you the steps to update your Web Host
after you have upgraded your database.
- Troubleshooting Web Host
- Gives tips for solving issues that may appear when
you try to use Web Host.