How To - Database Maintenance Topics
- How To Maintain Your Database
- Maintaining your database using Collect!'s internal
- Database Maintenance - External
- Maintaining your database using fix, rebuild and check
utilities run from the Command Prompt.
- Database Maintenance in Scheduler
- You can use Collect!'s Scheduler to run your maintenance
functions off hours. The Scheduler automatically logs users off
if necessary before beginning the maintenance routines.
- Dbanalyze Utility
- Quickly check your database without making anyone
sign out of Collect!. This utility puts Collect! into hot backup
mode and checks all registered devices. Results are output
to files in the CV11\catalog folder.
- UID Maintenance
- Run the UID Check utility to check the integrity of the
Unique Identifiers for all your database records. You can specify
particular devices and record types or check all devices at
once. UID integrity is critical for many system functions. This
topic also explains how this might become compromised.
- How To Reindex Individual Fields
- Reindex only what you need, not your whole database.
- Data and Key Files in the Collect! Database
- Links to a table showing all the contents of data and key files
in Collect! This is useful for rebuilding individual indices.
- Performance Benchmark
- This utility tests your PC performance. It does not touch
the Collect! database, but is included here in case you get reports
of " Collect! is slow." Performance Benchmark with help you get
to the real cause of downgraded performance.